Wednesday, September 12, 2018
You are receiving this letter as you are either currently eligible for pre-65 retiree medical benefits or are potentially eligible to receive these benefits within the next five years. Duquesne Light values the many years of service you have provided to the Company.
The Human Resources department is pleased to share changes to the upcoming 2019 Open Enrollment process and offerings. Consistent with last year’s Open Enrollment period, all retirees will complete Open Enrollment through the My Benefits Online (http://MyBenefits.duquesnelight.com ), accessible from any device.
The 2019 Open Enrollment period will be open Oct. 29 – Nov. 9. For 2019, changes have been made to Post-Retirement Medical benefits:
- Participants will continue to be offered Duquesne Light benefit plans through Highmark and Aetna.
- Both AETNA and Highmark offer the of Silver, Bronze and CDHP, cost of coverage has increased across all plans for 2019
- Retirees will receive a fixed stipend amount ($9,985 for retiree only; $19,970 for retiree + spouse) from DLC to help cover premium plan costs.
- For Retirees + Child(ren) and Retiree a supplemental credit of $500/month will be applied above the monthly stipend amounts from January 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019.
- Retirees who opt out of coverage will not receive a stipend.
Duquesne Light Company understands health care options are important and making coverage elections can be challenging. It is important to closely evaluate your healthcare needs and risk tolerance to select the plan that works best for you. To ensure you are prepared to make these decisions Duquesne Light will be hosting the following education sessions:
Thursday, September 13th (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM) Dogwood Room (This session is for Retirees only) DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Cranberry - 910 Sheraton Drive, Mars PA 16046
Thursday, September 13th (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) Allegheny Room (Retirees and Active DLC employees) Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh-Monroeville Convention Center
101 Mall Boulevard, Monroeville, PA 15146
Monday, September 17th (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) Duquesne Room (Retirees and Active DLC employees) DoubleTree by Hilton at Pittsburgh Green Tree - 500 Mansfield Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Thursday, September 20th (10:00 AM – 12:00 PM) Redwood Ballroom (This session is for Retirees only) DoubleTree by Hilton at Pittsburgh International Airport
8402 University Boulevard, Moon Township, PA 15108
Spouses are also welcome to attend, to reserve your spot please contact the 412-393-6039 option 2.
Vice President, Human Resources