Please take the time to read this very important notice.
Due to COVID-19 we have postponed our officers nominations and election back several months in the hope that we could use the same process that we always do but due to the recent increase in cases the process will be changed.
New Process – If you wish to be nominated for one of the officer positions (see page 2) of this local union and you are a member in good standing you will need to do the following:
- Submit a letter that indicates which position you intend on running for.
- Letter must be signed and dated.
- Include your contact information (phone number, email & home address)
- The letter can be mailed, emailed or dropped off at the union hall
- Email – IBEW29@IBEW29.org
- Mailed – IBEW 29, 986 Greentree rd, Pgh. PA. 15220
- Once your letter is received at the union hall you will receive a confirmation phone call within the next business day.
- If you do not receive a call you will need to call the union hall no later than 4:00 pm on August 13, 2020 for your name to appear on the ballot. In this case you will have until noon August 14, 2020 to supply the hall with a letter. No letters will be accepted after that time.
- Business Manager – Fulltime position
- President – Part time position
- Vice President – Part time position
- Recording Secretary – Part time position
- Financial Secretary – Part time position
- Treasurer – Part time position
- Executive Board - T&D (DLC employee) Part time position
- Executive Board – Substations & Shops (DLC employee) Part time
- Executive Board – Fossil (GenOn) Part time
- Executive Board – Nuclear (2 positions) (Energy Harbor) Part time
- Executive Board – Clerical (DLC, People’s Gas, Port Authority) Part time
- Port Authority Chairperson (Port Authority) Part Time
- We will also elect Delegates and Alternate Delegates to the International Convention
- You may run as an officer and as a delegate to the Convention.