First the good news, we settled a termination grievance that was scheduled for arbitration, the member was returned to work after being off for 18 months. We agreed to a lump sum of $10,000(after taxes) settlement payment since the member was employed most of the time he was off and any back pay would be offset by what was earned while he was off.
- 2 employees were given an MPP because the passenger in the vehicle supposedly did not have their seat belt on.
- MPP given due to being late 3 times in a week according to a random check of the gate at Preble
- MPP given for being late at the Racoon garage
- 1 day suspension for not reporting to work Preble garage
- CSR, Written warning for not completing work assignments
- CSR written warning for not handling a call properly
- CSR, 3 day suspension for lates and for not following Metlife Procedures
- CSR, 3 day suspension for lates and leaving work unexcused
The Christmas dance has been canceled for this year, it wasn't an easy decision and Bill Webb had already put his time and work into setting a few things up and had the tickets printed but due to some of the major expenses that we have incurred recently such as the bankruptcy attorneys along with the number of arbitrations we have had and the upcoming negotiations in 2019 with Peoples Gas and DLC, it made sense to skip this year's party but I hope to see everyone next Christmas.